scrap pad

Maine heating

Heating is big around these parts. One of my favorite Maine programs is the volunteer home winterizing thing. This reads like a press release (the bulk of it is "Baldacci's remarks, a primer on state actions thus far, and the text of a letter being sent to Northeast governors") but is good info: Maine Gov Baldacci outlines heating assistance plans.

6. Negotiations with Venezuela/CITGO. Maine will be discussing a purchase of discounted heating oil for low income Maine families with officials from Venezuela.

Every time I hear that Maine/Baldacci is negotiating with Venezuela/Chávez for discounted oil, I imagine a bizzare super-federalized USA out of distopian scifi. (The oil is for low-income families, which moderates my inklings of impending revolution.)

Archives

who I am