scrap pad

Summer plans

This week has been a big one for summer planning... I got my WWOOF independants membership, and have been reading through the farms lists. Tonight I bought my plane ticket. Boston -> Dublin, round trip, with two months overseas. Hopefully I will be back in time for the Burdock gathering, and to take a trip to Nova Scotia, before heading off to AmeriCorps. Speaking of, I have nearly completed my application. The program I'm applying to is in the middle of Washington state.

plane ticket shopping notes: Aer Lingus has, as they claim, the cheapest flights to Europe. Their booking interface, while not quite eye-candy, is super usable: very clear, snappy, and solid. They even show you fares on days in the week around the day you want to fly out! Plus, they didn't make me create any account. My flight was $200 cheaper than anything shown on kayak.com (which has a nice interface, a million times faster and less touchy than orbitz), or that I could find through other airlines' websites. I'm a very occasional traveller, so I don't have anywhere I usually go to get tickets.

Archives

who I am