scrap pad

radio-added AirTunes

My AirTunes (via an Airport Express) is passing along a radio signal along with the music. Yuck! I found (and added to) this thread at the Mac OS X Hints forums: Airtunes picks up radio signal. My comments there:

I'm getting a radio signal along with my AirTunes through the Airport Express, and as far as I can tell, the interference started after I put in a new cable modem. The interference definitely comes in via the Airport Express (it doesn't start until I start playing something on my computer). It isn't in the cable between the Airport Express and the stereo reciever, because I can plug that directly into my headphone jack and the music comes through fine. It isn't in the signal between my computer and the Airport, because as someone mentioned before, that is encrypted. The only difference in set-up between clear sound and radio-added sound is the new cable modem.

Anyways, the new modem is a Toshiba PCX2500, the old was a PCX1100U (which is being phased out by my cable company... we were getting a bunch of packet loss, general slow internet through it).

Archives

who I am