scrap pad

"rewilding"

Jen passed this on: Realities of Going Primitive - rewild.org

rewild.org links to greenanarchy.info, which has an anti-science and technology bent that makes me unhappy. I partially agree with this statement: Technology is more than wires, silicon, plastic, and steel. It is a complex system involving division of labor, resource extraction, and exploitation for the benefit of those who implement its process. but I think it refers to our society's version of progress, and I don't think (or maybe just "would hate to think") that this is true for all uses and developments of technology. Also: dude, you're using a computer. You're using "time-saving technology" to get your word out more quickly. bah, self, ignore the bait. rewild.org was much more understanding of the gradients of wildness (practical rewilding... not much I'm going to try there, but there is a section on pooping! which I enjoyed, though don't look for me pooping in Deering Oaks any time soon. Or squatting on my toilet... now I want to draw a picture of someone squatting on their toilet.)

Archives

who I am