scrap pad

student evaluations

had to fill these out for my classes. my main problem with all of my classes is that they don't encourage me to get involved and spend time working on the class. I assume this is partially because of my personal lack of enthusiasm, but only partially. other than cos161, none of my classes had homework projects (I really like homework projects, and find them hugely helpful to investing myself in a course). I'm reluctant to actually rate bad classes really badly (I go 2 or 3 out of 5 rather than 1/5) because I'm afraid my personal lack of interest affects my perception of the class. I'd appreciate the opportunity to answer professors' specific questions about their own classes, though; there isn't really that kind of engagement between students and professors at my university.

sparked by this Swarthmore professor's piece on evaluations, via uncertain principles.

Archives

who I am