scrap pad

Apple keeps moving

WWDC was this week, so I watched the keynote yesterday. notes:

  • "we hosted 17 million guests at our retail stores" (wording)
  • cheetah (march 2001), puma (september 2001), jaguar (july 2002), panther (october, 2003), tiger (april 2005)
  • Bertrand Serlet, Senior Vice President of Software Engineering. awesome French accent. one of the cooler non-Steve Jobs presenters (why were there so many this time?)
  • next: Leopard, spring 2007
  • Leopard will have multiple desktops, more spotlight, stupid mail features, a new Dashboard widget...

It strikes me that if I were to leave the Mac platform, it would be because I hate upgrading just to have access to new applications, because every time I upgrade there's some tacky new feature to deal with (metal finder windows, command-tab switching visualized in a pop up thingy rather than the dock, Spotlight, Dashboard). Never mind that I've incorporated all of those comfortably into my workflow.

Archives

who I am