scrap pad

finder use note

often I use my desktop as a workspace. it's frustrating how the spacial organization of the items in a directory can have meaning, but is only speciously preserved. select one of the grid arrangements in the inspector and boom, spacial information gone. also frustrating: not being able to arrange lists in any order I want (can sort them, which I love, but in folders of frequently used items, it'd be nice to reorder).

on my desktop, I pile files that are part of the same project together, I put 'permanent' things on the right side, I put receipts of items that should be coming in the mail or documents I need to deal with off on their own so they show up. sometimes I do the same thing in folders; if I have a bunch of short movies from my camera, I clump the bad ones at the bottom and pull the one or two usable ones out separately at the top. but most of the time I work in list view though (instead of icon view), because there are a lot of things in most of my folders.

(mac os x)

Archives

who I am