scrap pad

envelopes

In Belfast (Northern Ireland) I got my train tickets in an envelope. For the rest of the trip I was kind of obsessed with the envelope, which is manilla, funny sized (4 1/4x8 5/8 inches), and soft/smooth. I schemed about who to send it to, but instead stored special (job!) documents in it. Now it is even smoother and softer, but ripped. It was the "Niger Manilla" 01300, as described in this chart. Possibly also available from Wiggins Teape in the UK.

I also really like the envelopes with the rectangular flaps that reach all the way down to the bottom edge. (Envelopes are so awesome. I should send more letters so that I could buy more envelopes.) Unfortunately my stock of business "security" envelopes are classic and I like them well enough that I'm not running out for replacements.

Archives

who I am