scrap pad

windows hate (suprise!)

This isn't news to anyone else, but. Things pop up out of nowhere all the time on my Windows computer at work: "update this" "install that." They're not attached to anything! I can easily imagine myself clicking "don't install" on important patches, and "install" on adware/spyware. The bubbles from the taskbar are "out of nowhere" as far as I'm concerned; they're attached to tiny tiny icons, triggered by mysterious forces, and unpredictable about what they will do if you click them. hate hate hate. But it's not only the taskbar bubbles; other apps throw little warning windows in the middle of the screen. On my Mac, if the OS wants to upgrade it opens an application where I can see past updates, etc. If an application wants to upgrade, it asks when I open it.

Archives

who I am