scrap pad

handlebar tape

what I want is the same stuff I had before (ugh, change): thin white vinyl non-sticky tape with a criss-cross pattern. unfortunately, it was just random lying around the bike kitchen stuff, and nobody actually sells it anymore. so, the options:

  • this actually might be the same stuff: eBay: Benotto Handlebar Tape NOS White. Most Benotto tape is vibrantly colored, smooth, and translucent, but they had some solid colored "waffle" tape; I suspect mine was that sort of Benotto. ($7)
  • new old stock Olmo handlebar tape - red. this is approximately the same stuff, but in a more appropriate color for my bike. ($13)
  • Fizik handlebar tape - the modern stuff. red. slightly padded (as opposed to completely unpadded) and pretty flash. it might be more comfortable for longer rides. ($20 at the local bike shop)
  • cork. lots of colors, supposedly really comfy. ($15 I think)

I enjoy obsessing about ridiculous tiny junk; maybe I get too caught up in it.

Archives

who I am