"assertiveness training" sounds pretty fluffy but on the other hand this list of "rights" is pretty awesome:
You have the right to...
- judge your own behaviour, thoughts, and emotions, and to take the responsibility for their initiation and consequences upon yourself.
- offer no reasons or excuses for justifying your behaviour.
- judge if you are responsible for finding solutions to other people's problems.
- change your mind.
- make mistakes - and be responsible for them.
- say 'I don't know'.
- be independent of the goodwill of others before coping with them.
- be illogical in making decisions.
- say 'I don't understand'.
- say 'I don't care'.
from h2g2's page on Assertiveness and Assertiveness Training, via ben.