sock knitting patterns
For my first pair of socks I have chunky yarn and I don't want to use tiny needles. These are some free sock patterns I've found that use medium-sized needles.
- legwarmer socks. possibly to make without the legwarmer part. knit on #7 and #8 needles, or 17w by 24h = 4" square.
- knit socks. knit on #5 needles or 21w by 29h = 4" square.
- "significant other sock". knit on #8 needles or 14w = 4" in k2p2 rib.
- campfire socks. on #4 needles or 6w by 8h = 1" square.
- plain ribbed socks. knit on #3 needles, or 24w by 32h = 4" square.